April 24th 6pm-9pm $20
Binding your quilt will give it a beautiful finished edge. In this class you will learn the difference between cross grain vs bias binding, how to cut on the bias of your fabric, sew strips together, and sew them to your quilt. You will also learn how to hand binding and binding with your machine.
To register and pay for these classes, contact me (Jessica) at Dayton Creative Co-op during business hours or call at (509)316-6546. I accept cash, card, and personal check. Once you have registered and paid for this class you will receive a more detailed supply list through email or print out.
If you sign up for all three classes you will receive a FREE KIT containing all materials needed for all three classes!
*If you are planning on taking all three of the Quilt Academy classes you will receive a free kit with all the fabric materials you will need for all three classes!
· 18”x 21” quilt sandwich- top, batting and backing already quilted.
· 1 fat quarter- (18”x 21”) for binding
The classroom is equipped with ironing boards, irons, cutting mat and rulers for you to use, if you are short on a tool or two I have extras for you to borrow during instruction just make sure to reserve the items when signing up for the class.
· Sewing Machine bring all your machine feet, power cord and foot control
· 45mm Rotary Cutter or larger
· Acrylic Rulers- size 6 ½”x 24 ½” and 12 ½”x 12 ½”
· 18”x 24” Self-healing mat or larger
· Seam Ripper
· Fabric Scissors- small
· Sewing thread- Color to match your binding fabric
· Milliner’s needle size 10 or 11